Saturday, September 21, 2013

Studious Saturday

My comrades and I have made it to Lakenheath's library to work all day on lesson plans and such. I decided to take advantage of the super fast wifi and write a quick note about my awesome day Friday and post some more pictures from my trips/life here in England (even though we haven't gone anywhere crazy recently). 

So yesterday was my first day to lead a project (which I created, made the rubric, etc.). It was a science project having to do with the periodic table which the kids have been learning about. They have to make an "Element Brochure" informing the public about their assigned element (such as helium, oxygen, silver, etc.). The students were pretty excited and did a great job researching their element and designing the rough draft of their brochure. I loved hearing them excitedly tell their friends cool facts about their element..although I had a few laughs at some situations. My favorite being: one part from the checklist of info they have to have on their brochure is "in what state is the element found in?" (example: solid, liquid, gas). So many kids were telling me they couldn't find what state it was found in and I would say "It's stated right here its found in liquid state" or something similar. I then saw little lightbulbs going off and quickly realized that the students thought I meant what state from AMERICA was the element found in? I saw lots of kids erasing states such as New York, California, Texas, etc. to then write the actual state hahah. Note to self: clarify anything and everything..no matter how trivial you think it is. 

I've continued doing research for next week- looking for literature circle discussions and activities, science experiments, and word sorts for spelling. While this is all "work" I really enjoy it! I like planning for my classroom and don't consider it a hassle. Hopefully I still feel this way 3 months from now..but I'm not too worried. 

Some "throwback" pictures to just make you all more jealous that I am here. 
P.S. Just booked a trip to Paris at the first of October!!! Yayayyayay!!! Eiffel Tower, crepes, and Lourve here I come!!



Bury St. Edmunds (I've discovered people pronounce Bury as "Barry")
Street performer in Oxford
Mummy in British Museum!! -London


One of my favorite exhibits from the British Museum in London
Buckingham Palace..This is actually a pretty good picture considering how squished we were
West Minster Abbey- London
Not the greatest picture but I loved Parliament- London
Big Ben!
Bridge of Sighs- Cambridge (punting)
King's College- Cambridge
One of the colleges in Cambridge

I'll leave you all of a picture of us all studying...


I'm clearly everyone's favorite person on the trip :)


1 comment:

  1. We have very good friends that live in Paris! I can message you here France phone number if you need tour guides, a place that feels like home, help of any kind or suggestions on anything. They have lived there for about a year. They have a 15 year old, 18 year old and 21 year old so they know all the cool places! Also you can see the Eiffel Tower from their back window!

    ReplyDelete