Monday, September 23, 2013

The Filton

This is a lovely blog post about our living quarters..aka the Filton (Feltwell + Hilton..you get the picture).  Anyway some people have asked about the dorm and I aim to please. So here, be our guest:

We start at "the Living Room" aka the tv room aka where the wifi lives. 
Here are two OSU student teachers Micaela and Kim. Usually all 9 of us will cram around this little table to work. 
Here is another view. Please admire the cute Okstate teddy bear
Next we move to the kitchen where we just happen to be baking cookies at the moment

A view of my long hallway...I'm at the very end 
And here we are, my room. And yes..I attempted to clean it for these pictures (I can hear my Dad rolling his eyes from here, another continent away)

My dresser, bed, and wardrobe. In the corner you can see the tiny heater my teacher has let me borrow that keeps me warm at night. I already have a sheet, blanket, comforter, and quilt on my bed. 
My tiny fridge, mirror, and window sill. Everyone has different features in their rooms. I have the largest mirror and a fridge, while some have a desk or a chair. 

We also have a community bathroom, full sized gym downstairs, and a community center..but to be honest I am too lazy to take pictures. Besides, I'm sure you all know what a gym and bathroom looks like.. we aren't re-inventing the wheel over here. 

Ill try and take pictures of my classroom soon! I'm sure you are all quite curious where I spend my daylight hours. If you're lucky, I may get Jenn in the picture..but no promises. 

I hope you all appreciate the pictures!!
Love love love

1 comment:

  1. We think you won! A refridge and a mirror is much better then a desk and a chair! We enjoy reading your posts about your adventures! Glad your having fun! You are missed here in the states!

    ReplyDelete